A time to...
The end of third quarter is around the corner, and already I see the end of the year hurrying near. Wait a minute please and hear my plea:
I need more time...
Time to write for myself, my students and to my friends.
Time to read for myself for pleasure and for work and for my students.
Time to go to the movies, and take in a museum.
Time to talk to my husband, my family and friends.
Time to take leisurely walks with the dog.
Time to cook and to clean.
Time to campaign for my daughter and give her advice (though she is probably grateful I don't have time to do that:)
Time to talk to people, ask them how they are doing, show an interest, kindle a friendship.
Time to travel and time travel.
Time to think and to ponder - to stretch and to wander
I push and I stretch my time, trying to convince myself this finite day is infinite. I shift and steal time, create more in the folds and the creases.
I need more time to make time.
I need more time...
Time to write for myself, my students and to my friends.
Time to read for myself for pleasure and for work and for my students.
Time to go to the movies, and take in a museum.
Time to talk to my husband, my family and friends.
Time to take leisurely walks with the dog.
Time to cook and to clean.
Time to campaign for my daughter and give her advice (though she is probably grateful I don't have time to do that:)
Time to talk to people, ask them how they are doing, show an interest, kindle a friendship.
Time to travel and time travel.
Time to think and to ponder - to stretch and to wander
I push and I stretch my time, trying to convince myself this finite day is infinite. I shift and steal time, create more in the folds and the creases.
I need more time to make time.
There's never quite enough, is there. I deliberately underplanned my Spring Break to stretch it and make if feel longer.
ReplyDeleteIf only it could be as easy as to ask for more time. There really is just so much to do and be done...
ReplyDeleteYour post reminded me that I still want to go see the Obama's portraits at the Portrait Gallery. So much to do...never enough time.
ReplyDelete