Change

Classes cancelled today and forever. No notice. Closed. Out of money. Very sorry.
I am crushed.
My favorite exercise studio (sorry, do I sound like a cliche?) has just emailed announcing they are closing. Effectively immediately. 
I am bereft. Truly.
This place was a lifeline for me.  A great community, with great teachers. It had a profound impact on my life.
A million questions go through my mind, like what will I do now? Stop it, you're being selfish -  What will happen to all these great teachers?  Have they charged me for April yet? Stop it you're being selfish.  Wait, no not really. You earn a teacher's salary, this matters.
Now I will have to search for a new community, establish a new routine.  I have to find where these teachers are going. This must really suck for them, way more than for me. 
Speaking of teachers having to make new plans, our school is not closing, but downsizing. It has been overcrowded, and now with a new middle school opening next year, we will have a "reduction in force".
The plan is for everyone to still have a job, but you never know until the final enrollment numbers come in.
What I do know is change is coming. 

Comments

  1. Such a bummer when you find a place that you like and feel comfortable and then they close. And then I was surprised with the news of a potentially even bigger change just down the road! Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel how important his community was to you. Maybe you'll be able to discover where your favorite instructors go and join them once more. My middle school is also overcrowded - our new middle school opens in 2021, so we have a few years to worry about what will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Change was on my mind today, too. I hope you can find a new work out community soon. I can totally relate to the importance of the ritual of exercise.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To dye or not to dye

Strong Head Winds

Only the beginning