It's official!
Sitting and waiting in a coffee bar in Rosslyn...
I have never been here before, and I love the vibe.
A young crowd, meeting after work for coffee and wine: keeping the teeth whitening folks in business.
I’m here to witness an extraordinary moment. My oldest has decided to run for public office and the party committee has designated this as the spot to collect signatures.
This coffee bar is in the district and it’s neutral. I find that very odd, but I’m keeping my mouth shut.
At approximately 7:30 it will be a done deal.
I’m here early and waiting.
My daughter's campaign manager has arrived. My daughter is in New York for work (yes, this position would be part time), and her flight has been delayed because of the Boeing crash. The grounding of the planes has thrown everyone's travel into a vortex, and she's in the middle of that swirl, and not just a little beside herself.
So, I have ask if I can come. Because I have a mother's anxiety that if something can go wrong it will. I will be here and record for posterity and to share proof in pictures that it actually happened.
... the head of the party has arrived, and our opponents have been lurking in the shadows and they get to the table first. Drat!
It the old days of dirty politics (which are not so old) that would mean their candidate's name would go first on the ballot. Thank goodness the party leadership has seen through the nonsense of that system. Our registrations will be recorded as simultaneous. It is up to the state, through a coin toss, or some such random drawing, to decide who goes first on the ballot.
Going first on the ballot in a state race is of huge importance, because unfortunately most of the electorate is swayed by that. Let's hope my daughter has beginner's luck.
7:35 - the filing is official. Documents accepted, everything is order.
She's really doing this. Wow!
I have never been here before, and I love the vibe.
A young crowd, meeting after work for coffee and wine: keeping the teeth whitening folks in business.
I’m here to witness an extraordinary moment. My oldest has decided to run for public office and the party committee has designated this as the spot to collect signatures.
This coffee bar is in the district and it’s neutral. I find that very odd, but I’m keeping my mouth shut.
At approximately 7:30 it will be a done deal.
I’m here early and waiting.
My daughter's campaign manager has arrived. My daughter is in New York for work (yes, this position would be part time), and her flight has been delayed because of the Boeing crash. The grounding of the planes has thrown everyone's travel into a vortex, and she's in the middle of that swirl, and not just a little beside herself.
So, I have ask if I can come. Because I have a mother's anxiety that if something can go wrong it will. I will be here and record for posterity and to share proof in pictures that it actually happened.
... the head of the party has arrived, and our opponents have been lurking in the shadows and they get to the table first. Drat!
It the old days of dirty politics (which are not so old) that would mean their candidate's name would go first on the ballot. Thank goodness the party leadership has seen through the nonsense of that system. Our registrations will be recorded as simultaneous. It is up to the state, through a coin toss, or some such random drawing, to decide who goes first on the ballot.
Going first on the ballot in a state race is of huge importance, because unfortunately most of the electorate is swayed by that. Let's hope my daughter has beginner's luck.
7:35 - the filing is official. Documents accepted, everything is order.
She's really doing this. Wow!
Wow, hooray!! What scary excitement for both you and your daughter! I love the play by play feel to your piece. I may have even clenched my fist when your daughter's opponent got to the table first. Best of luck to you both!
ReplyDeleteWonderful! Your support fir her here, in this moment, is a testament to your support if her in every moment leading up to this point.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! To you and your daughter!!! Buckle up, I'm sure it will be a whirlwind of an experience :)
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! I'm glad you were there to witness and record the story of what happened. This sentence made me chuckle: "A young crowd, . . . keeping the teeth whitening folks in business."
ReplyDelete