Monday morning blues

Monday morning blues

So the sun was still down this morning, when I had just gotten used to having a bit of daylight.
Through bleary eyes I struggle to put the contacts in.
Sun is finally up and my morning routine accomplished:  pack lunch, make tea, feed animals, walk animals: yes the cats come on walks with me and the dog, pack up my work bag and off.

A shroud of quiet lays over me, as I walk in the building.
I fumble with my keys. A few moments of quiet and focus.
First bell rings and student chatter begins to fill the halls:
 "It's really early..." 
" It's too early, Ms. Merlene!" 
"I'm very tired - I just walked into the desk!" 
"Oh! look at your outfit - that's so cute!" 
"I had four soccer games this weekend!"
Their chirpiness reminds me of the birds out my window - I'm slowly getting back in the groove.






Comments

  1. The Monday Morning Blues follows Sunday Night-itis. The day after the time change is always interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writing style shifts in this piece in such an effective way to shift the mood... from description to dialog... I feel as if I too am coming awake and getting back in the groove with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Monday after DST must the the hardest of the entire year, but you're right. The kids chirp on, and we all get back in the groove.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To dye or not to dye

Only the beginning

Strong Head Winds